Read and learn:
- This post is a must read for anyone who may face criticism. Artists, entrepreneurs - all of us, really. The key is to handle it gracefully and to keep doing amazing things.
- Speaking of, Seth Godin shares why you should shun the nonbelievers.
- If old sentimental T-shirts (that don't fit or you don't wear) are just taking up closet space, here are some ideas on ways to keep them without creating clutter.
- Ryan Stephens has good analysis of paid content online. The comments are worth reading, too. All in all, online content is getting better, if you know where to find it.
- All five of these points about careers today are spot on. Spot. On.
- I'm looking forward to this book, about Gen Y and the recession. Best of luck to Barbara Ray as she begins her research!
- Taking "No" for an answer is okay.
- Kudos to Jeff Cornwall and Belmont for showing that entrepreneurship can be funded in a way that is creative, meaningful, and works for everyone. I seriously wished more schools supported alumni in ways like this.
- And, the best thing I've read this week goes to Peter Shankman for his discussion on creativity and why it matters:
If you become the guy known for having creativity whenever it’s needed, you’ll be the goto guy (or girl) for almost everyone in your company. And being indispensable kinda rocks.