I say that I never do these things and now I've done two in one day. Like the one I just did about books, I'm only doing this one because someone I admire asked me. And, Tiffany Monhollon asked really nicely (by calling me one of her favorite bloggers).
2. I'm pretty good with my Spanish.
3. Each year, I travel and speak at a few church youth retreats. This is something I used to do every summer in college and several weekends a year. I really enjoy my time speaking to teenagers about how they can use their faith as a catalyst to truly make a difference in the life of others.
4. I have no musical talent whatsoever. That didn't stop me from taking one year's worth of lessons each on the piano, guitar, saxophone and recorder. I can't carry a tune, keep a (consistent) beat or recognize really good music. I like music, but that doesn't mean it's good.
5. I thoroughly enjoy keeping the net weight of my house the same. When getting something new, I try to get rid of something old.
6. I've completed two marathons, but will probably never run that distance again. Although, I've been feeling a small and distant itch to perhaps go for it...
7. My wife and I don't exchange Christmas gifts. We never have in the almost six years we've known each other.
8. I was a donkey in the Christmas pageant at church when I was 5. My mom later turned my costume into pajamas. While lingering signs of me being a jackass may present themselves from time to time, I like to think that Jesus would have been born on the side of the road had I not been there to get Mary to the manger. Remember: the people that help you get somewhere in life are very important people.
This post is a part of the ongoing meme Crazy 8 for 2008. As much as I like this idea about transparency on the Internet and the attempt to get people to share more about themselves than can be gained in an online profile, I still can't bring myself to tag someone.
So, if you're reading this, consider yourself tagged.