Yesterday, I performed on the stage of the Belcourt Theatre. This Nashville landmark has hosted the top musical acts, screened award-winning films and also served as a home for silent films and the Grand Ole Opry.
So, I have no idea why they let me come talk about social media on that same stage. But they did. And I did.
Here's a video from my talk. I flew through the whys of social media, particularly as it relates to nonprofit arts organizations. In these 15 minutes (that's all I had, so I speak very fast in this video), you'll hear:
- A little more about me
- About how I cheated on my art appreciation final in college (1:45)
- Who Generation Y is (3:15)
- How Gen Y acts (5:00)
- What the old consumer model is (7:00)
- What the new consumer model is (8:30)
- How arts organizations can have a new conversation (11:15)
- Some reminders before embarking on a social media campaign (12:45)
Enjoy, and pass it along to your pals who work in the arts: