It’s Thanksgiving, and every four years, the Davidson family packs up and heads out to spend Turkey day outside of the confines of Tennessee.
In honor of the holiday, I’ll recap our day, thanking everyone who was a part of this day designed for the giving of thanks.
- I am thankful for my family for being with me on Thanksgiving.
- I am thankful for Lynnette for being my companion in everything, including rainy New York Thanksgivings.
- I am thankful for Jim and his family and his connections that allowed us to view the Macy’s parade from three floors up over Broadway.
- I am thankful for all those who marched, rode, and walked in the parade.
- I am thankful for Clark, our waiter at Junior’s, which is where we ate for Thanksgiving dinner.
- I am thankful for the hotel staff, working on a holiday so that I can eat breakfast, have a clean room, and enjoy a pleasant stay.
- I am thankful for those working at the pizza joint that make a great slice of pepperoni and olive pizza.
- I am thankful for the cast, stagehands and theater staff of Rent who worked on Thanksgiving evening and put on one hell of a show.
- I am thankful for the cab driver that brought us back to the hotel so we could stay dry.
Thank the people in your life, no matter what role they play.