Things to Check Out - 7.18.07
Get it while it's hot:
- Is making people volunteer a bad thing?
- Here's how the rich invest in philanthropy, and why.
- The census finally goes hi-tech.
- The best marketing is done by your biggest fans. Here's what that looks like in the nonprofit world.
- Thomas Friedman hits another homerun today:
Any lawyer will tell you, if you’re negotiating a contract and the other side thinks you’ll never walk away, you’ve got no leverage. And in Iraq, we’ve never had any leverage. The Iraqis believe that Mr. Bush will never walk away, so they have no incentive to make painful compromises.