Work and Life Advice - 2.1.11
- Here are some great quotes and conclusions from Professor Dr. Jeff Cornwall about professionalism and young people. Do college have a duty to teach professionalism?
- Speaking of education, I highly recommend you check out what Ryan Stephens is up to related to education. The videos he collects are bound to be inspiring.
- Matt Cheuvront reflects on some of the lessons he's learning in his first year as an entrepreneur.
- If you want to get things done, you need to eschew comfort. Speaking from personal experience, this is true. I need deadlines, pressure, and risk if I'm going to do something well.
- Making connections online is one thing. Keeping them is another. Bryan Allain has some good advice for each.
- This post from Seth Godin is very wise. If you want to do really great work, you've got to have several hours of truly uninterrupted time. My guess is that I get about five hours of it a week, and that's when I do my best writing and thinking.
- This is the best productivity advice for the week, especially if you're married and have kids. Juggling not just your calendar - but those of whom you love - can be exhausting. Meeting at the beginning of the week to sort everything out could be a lifesaver.