Six Qualities of Successful Social Entrepreneurs
One of the most interesting parts of David Bornstein's How to Change the World is his description of successful social entrepreneurs, which he synthesizes into six core qualities.
Which of these do you have?
- A willingness to self-correct
- A willingness to share credit
- A willingness to break free of established structures
- A willingness to cross disciplinary boundaries
- A willingness to work quietly
- A strong ethical impetus
It seems good - no, great - social entrepreneurs work with equal parts ego and humility. One of their real skills, then, is to know when to use which for the good of their cause.