Things to Check Out - 8.2.07
Things for Thursday:
- If you're in Nashville, you should be voting for David Briley today. And if you're in District 19, you should be voting for Freda Player. I did.
- Tap out on topping off.
- Here's some interesting data on corporate giving.
- Meet Rosetta Thurman.
- How donkeys are making a difference in Darfur.
- While employees want to work for greener companies, few seem to be willing the make the small, personal changes that really make a difference.
- And the best post of the day: Salem's Lots on 30 years of marriage. The best part:
The date was actually the 14th (of August). While our short honeymoon was winding down (hey, we had no money) two days after the wedding, Elvis chose his time do die. I don’t know if he REALLY chose the time, but his death certainly overshadowed our wedding, at least in the Daily News. We drove the car back to a friend’s house, and took the subway home to our apartment in the not-so-wonderful neighborhood of East New York. It really wasn’t safe, but we didn’t care, because the friendship that evolved into love (and lust) helped us belie the fact that we lived in a scary neighborhood in a small apartment prone to break-ins. We were social workers. We came to save the world, but I think we mainly saved each other.